Friday, January 01, 2010

In 2010! Let it in!

Welcome...to a new decade!

How's that feel to you?

Go ahead...take the time to say it aloud and check how it feels, I'll wait...it's important.

~

To me, and it took a while, by months end, years end, decades end...I sighed & finally felt....better.

This last decade was quite a doozy. It's good thing we're still here.

Put your hand on your wrist & feel your pulse.

You're still here!
Get grounded.

Welcome the New Year with the intent & even command to enjoy it.

Breathing. Smiling. Welcoming the joy that's on it's way.

Humans are so conditioned to "work hard" to get where we are want to go
and get what it is we wish to manifest.

If I can think of anything that the last few months have been trying to recondition me towards changing, it's this.

The recession brought forth a tremendous slow down in the work that I've been enjoying the last 7-8 years in my business as a professional voice. Prior to becoming self employed, I was very busy for over 20 years in my career as a radio
personality/morning show producer. Since the age of 18, I had been working full time with little more than a week or two off for vacations. Upon moving to Milwaukee I remembered getting very antsy at the slow hiring process in a top 25 market,
when I had closer to 4-5 weeks off. GASP! It was just so foreign to me not to work!


And so, in the last year but especially the last few months, I've been trying like the dickens to enjoy myself in the Now, all the while of course exploring all my options at all times. And in short, stop pressing the panic buttons. And believe you me, I had PLENTY of reasons to hit the panic buttons. At least I had made strides...no longer sharing the list of reasons I had for hitting those
panic buttons. Running the household budget, it was often a lonely position to be the only one aware of how dire it got and how fast, but I was determined to keep it to myself & eventually release it all. During previous down times,

I'd easily pick up side part time and temp jobs, all the while juggling my business and busy, active household.

But the recession snapped up those jobs too. Hmmm, Spirit was really forcing me to get this one.

For a mother of two active, athletic children, wife, and daughter of recently widowed Mother however, it was all too easy to just STAY busy.

It's our natural instincts...or so we like to think. So we've been conditioned for eons!

What is truly natural, especially for Pisces like me & water signs, is to be calm and still. To breathe & meditate. To listen to the

Universe as it creates all that you are putting out for in every moment. What is God working on in your life?

What are you concsiously thinking about and therefore working on? As the Advent season approached,

I finally made conscious decision to remain disciplined about doing LESS and actually ENJOY and embrace a much slower pace not just for Advent or the Solstice, but the decade ahead as well.

My favorite quote of the year puts it best: From Esther Hicks/Abraham:

Hard work is not the path to Well- Being. Feeling good is the path to Well-Being. You don't create through action; you create through vibration.
And then, your vibration calls action from you.
--- Abraham Excerpted from the workshop in Washington, DC on Saturday, May 7th, 2005 #273

Make a conscious effort on this the first day of a New Year, a new decade, to focus more upon your feelings & your thoughts all day every day over your actions. Let thought be the prevailing captain of the ship.

Take more time to go inward and observe. Sit still and take it all in.

Over my kids' holiday break, on one of my favorite mornings of being still even before the storm approached, my son and I were curled up on the couch discussing the Tao of Pooh. Winnie the Pooh. My husband had had such a discussion with his fellow graduate students and here I was, able to do the same with my wise 11 year old son. I was surprised, and admittedly disappointed when he said I was
most like the anal-retentive, always busy, always wanting to get clean,organized and well, let's face it, crabby and irritated "Rabbit."

"Really?! I said, not just even a little Pooh?!" I chided him. "Yeah, I guess, a little" he patronized me unconvincingly.

Not one to count excessive cleanliness as a strong suit and throwing that in to the mix to persuade his decision making he lovingly made it slightly worse by saying "Well, ya not THAT part!" to which be both ended up chuckling and having a good laugh. After a bit of reflection on Motherhood I'd suffice it to say that most Mothers are "Rabbit" and he agreed.

We tend to caught too caught up in that role which is a slippery slope to Martyrdom or, worse, "Rabbit-dom"

Get playful! Imagine more! Get more in your heart and less in your head.

Your hands are tied in action, but your hands are not tied in imagination -- and everything springs forth from the imagination. Everything.
--- Abraham Excerpted from the workshop in San Rafael, CA on Saturday, February 27th, 1999

What is it you want to create this year? Don't spend any thought on what you don't want...only what you want to welcome into your reality.

Feel how fun it is to create up there in your noodle? Down to your toes! Okay now, allow it in, embrace it, don't try to be logical,

how does THAT feel?

Complaining about anything, holds you in the place of refusing to receive the things you've been asking for.

Justifying about anything holds you in the place of refusing to let in the very things that you've been asking for.

Blaming someone, holds you in the place of refusing to let in the things that you've been asking for.

Feeling guilty, feeling angry, it doesn't matter what you call it, it is a refusal, not a conscious one.

You're asking; you can't help but ask. The Universe is yielding; it must yield.
It's a big question, folks: why aren't you letting it in?
--- Abraham Excerpted from the workshop in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, March 10th, 2001

So.....why aren't you letting it in?

Go ahead take some time with that one too? Be honest. Ask it aloud and listen. Why aren't you letting it in?

Release your hold from the weeds at the bottom of the stream and float to the top and go easy along this year.

You'll in turn go easier on yourself,which is a big lesson for the caregivers these last few years that will continue this year.

However, some have gone too far the other way especially the younger generations toward narcissism, from egotism to selfishness, hubris and everything in between. Two-thirds of over one thousand college students recently surveyed said their generation was more self-promoting and narcissistic than other generations. There needs to be a balance in all things.

Let's put it this way, Love yourself as much as you love others.

When you are easier on yourself you are easier on all those around you. The way you love yourself, affects all aspects of your life deeply, especially in your sexuality and how successful and prosperous you are. It's important. You know what else is important?

Ask. Slow down long enough to Ask and it is given. So get to it and start askin. In any way that FEELs right.


And by all means, learn to allow, allow, allow & let it in..... Let it in!

No comments: